Saturday, July 15, 2006

To pasty music and what everything else that goes with it

Its final then, pasty music is indeed the order of the night. Its been three weeks now and that means three weeks of late night TV for supper and late afternoon TV for breakfast. Inside this space people seem to refer to as my head, is a cespool of Pop culture, Perpetual reruns, Post traumatic Oprah and the Pussy cat dolls (not necessarily in that order).

Life is really starting to ask its most dreaded question. Often when the nights are dark and the air conditioning is on full, life pops up, dressed to impress in the form of Kurt Cobain. He stares at me with those judgmental eyes and then spews out in lyrical tonation. "Sigmond ... its called a life do you have one yet?" Shocked but mostly sleepy I reply in true grunge fashion "Im not dumb but I can pretend, the day is done I think im just happy." (He gets me I know he does)

Just as quickly as Kurt 'my man' Cobain disappears, my iShuffle beings to play Alive (Pearl Jam). I take a deep look into the inner soul that is me. All I find are packets of semi digested (well masticated) morsels of supper and the partial reason as to why the world is not half covered in smog.

So the real question I put out there is whether or not I am truly just withering away. Am I the next rerun that goes along the same playlist without an intonation as to when my next season will start? Has my nbc cancelled my show? or is this just a spin off from what was actually a really good emmy award winning mini series of 22 seasons?

If I were really a TV series I would most definitely want to be Scrubs (yup I got dibs on that one). Don't ask me why, but the idea of a stand up doctor really appeals to the whole cycle of life and karma crap that we are usually fed by the (you know) mature and serious people in life.

So would I qualify ever as a mature and serious person in life? In order to answer this we really have to look into the laundry check list of what makes a person mature and serious in life. (Mind you the following list in not ficticious and any references to checklists that already exist is not purely co-incidental and should be looked upon for further reference if one ever felt the need to verify my version of the truth).

  1. One needs to have a job and should be settled in life (financially)
  2. If one does not have a job then one must not eat or sleep (or must do so only if or until) he/she finds that job (which in turn checks point one with a nice shiny tick)
  3. One needs to do mature things which may include, nice dinners, swanky nights out with refined alcohol in limits which numb the god given senses but never the intuition so needed to be sane.
  4. One needs to be sociable and approachable if ever the need to be so arises (this would include putting up with people you cant stand but cant do anything about since he either your boss, or someone who can make your life a little less comfortable).
  5. One needs to have an aim in life, that means putting a bulls eye on everything you deem possible and non trivial. (This may seem confusing at first but then many people just put a bulls eye on anything. Like your dream car being an affordable four seater salon, or the fact that three out of thirteen bullet points you made in a presentation were actually used for some higher purpose within the corporation, the ten other were discarded with some a seer and a board room cheer.)
  6. One needs to want to do it, but does not necessarily need to do it but should not show the need to want to do it unless the time comes to really do it when they can show how much they want to do it and end up not doing it only to relive the chase that is the want to do it and by that really do it.
  7. One needs to entertain oneself with things that are cultural and in the best sense educational to the evolution of the self. (That means no Van wilder and No Nacho Libre).
  8. One needs to read the financial times to be informed. (Mainly to dream of where they would put their money once they make it, when they make the money however they want more and forget all about spending it, and as a result of which they reach 50 and realize that they have no money cause it all went in making more money and they dint stop to smell the flowers.)
  9. And finally one needs to listen to refined music this may include musical scores from Broadway and jazz.

So am I on my way to being mature (do I want to be)? Well if all goes well I dont think I would ever be checking any one those on the most to do list of mature things to do to seem and be mature in the real world. But then again people have told me that I have been a kid for far too long.

Well if thats the case what a few more years, after all if Im still a pilot on air, the season finale is a mile away.

Sigmonds Anatomy (The real case of OCD)

6 Comments:

Blogger airy voices said...

i only like the last line. i'm sorry. the rest was depressing. althought the bit on season finale was nice too. but thats it. i've typecast you, and i'm not even ashamed. or sorry.

p.s.-- i watched pirates today. can u explain to me why they would make a movie which would make a person want to hurl for the large part of it?

12:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahahahahah if u say so ..anyway ill give someone a hundred gold coins if they can figure out why orlando bloom is more girly than keira knightly its a mystery man anyway did u hurl at the end??????

1:07 PM  
Blogger airy voices said...

no. despite what u might believe, i am not a hurling person.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ur not .... right .... anyway what am i typecast as ??

1:39 AM  
Blogger airy voices said...

as the funny man.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ahhhhh that me lady i don mind

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home