Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Don’t mind me ...im just the fly on the wall (Noir is the new black Part 2)

Sigmond has been away for a while and for some reason which is inherently unknown to him he’s been stuck to the four walls that seem to follow him everywhere.

This has truly been a strange strange period of time ... almost like an era in itself, not only has Sigmond been completely cut off from his world, but now he chooses to live in a world where he himself is alien to the very cause. It sounds very metaphysical but really it all boils down to me speaking in third person and frantically looking for a job (By frantically I mean online applications, mid day TV and football at night).

So anyway that being said I really do have to get down to the matter of the odd almost supernatural incidents that seem to be happening around me all the time. Instead of putting it down in the usual bullet pointed paragraphs I have decided to continue with Peye Sigmond .. That’s right Sigmond is back and he’s noirer than ever...

"It hadn’t stopped raining in the ten minutes it had taken for me to leave the comfort of my office for the adultery of the rain. But today was not the day for complaining .....The words "six thousand now and another six later" rang in my ears like Buddhist bells in Katmandu. Money it seemed was truly the essence of life.

Harry was a queer, short and round he was the potato that was outcast from the bleak world of the underworld. An ex mafia you could call him but he would have much preferred being called a mafia bella. I dint like meeting Harry for he always had a touch of gay around him that seemed to turn my mono scripted world into an hour long Technicolor. I hated Technicolor......

"Give me the 411 Harry on this bloke named Jack and his squeeze Jill", I said shielding my face from the intense color of Harry's night gown. "Its gonna cost you Sigmond, I don do these things anymore, I am now an actor you hear, you ask me to screw the family its like tuna in pasta ... it don taste too good." "You have already screwed half the family Harry and it don take much for me to cheddar your cheese so spit it"

Harry gave me nothing. Jack and Jill were like ghosts and all I left with was the cold feel of a drag queen sticking a double barrel to my head and a strong allergy to nuts....... it was that time of the year again ..... Mardi gras ....... no places for me not even a quiet corner to light my cigarette.

Father Flannigan’s seemed like a good spot to hold my own and weather the storm that was now brewing outside. 'Hey cutie a cup of joe and make it Irish with a lot of cream." Finally the cigarette sparked its familiar tinge and the satin smoke made its way down my now choked veins. I sat there like a fly on the wall observing and listening. Maybe something would show up. After all the fly on the wall has always been gainfully employed .....

As I sipped joe with delight, all I could think off was how much the broad had reminded me off why I had left the world of petty investigations ..... but then again those Buddhist chimes seemed to rings in my ears ... fueling this body with the only gasoline it would guzzle ... money! ..

Time flew by and all I did was sit and the joes just passed by...

2 Comments:

Blogger airy voices said...

this isn't long enough given the wait. skip the midday tv.. its full of artificial blondes with artificial boobs and even less convincing artificial intellects anyway.

i still have your jacket. i'll pass it to k tom. i'm hoping typing this out will help me remember.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha well there is seldom a correlation between time and writing in lenght ... but then again there maybe i have to look into that.... jacket hmmmmm oooh now i remember .. k pass it to k (no redundancy intended).. anyway another one shall be commin soon ... so till then i guess this sparse post will have to suffice .... cherio Sigmond ...
ps: how dare you speak ill off the fake blondes ..... tsk tsk

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home