Monday, April 03, 2006

Hey yeh what's that sound .....

The other day I ate an apple made of wax and for some reason it tasted just like an apple. So it got me thinking, what's the deal with taste and why it so fickle. I concluded that taste is fickle to me cause most of the times I burn my sense of taste in an attempt to finish two packets of sour skittles in five minutes. The after effects of which are felt through out the week and I basically am then able to eat whatever comes my way.

I also realized that there are tell tale signs in restaurants which let you know how good the food is in the restaurant without even ordering a glass of water or sitting down. So here are a few to my gracious readers .... the motto of the day is its better prepared than paid for

1) Any Thai restaurant with a single toilet is one which is most obviously mediocre. A single toilet screams out a)The food is not spicy enough b)people don't eat too much in the restaurant and c)you will always have to remember to put the seat down even if you are in a hurry to get back to the absolutely placid dish you have ordered

2)Any Mc donalds with a please wait to be seated sign outside is down right wrong. This primarily because its meant to be fast food and I don pay for an ambiance at a Mc DOnalds, though it would be nice to see service and comprehensible grammar.

3)Any sushi place next to a movie hall, a hospital or a dog pound should be immediately reported. As if its not bad enough that we don't know what we are eating, now we have to second guess on the unknown .... its a crime

4)Any cafe that has a smoothie for a mascot should be avoided. They need to get their priorities right ... life is about the caffeine ppl not that brain freezes.

The principles are simple as much as I am a believer is scientology I don't think trusting your lives and stomachs on food from places so askew is a bright idea ... no not even for you Tom especially not for you.

Madam Tussauds beware ... Sigmond voule manger quelque chose

3 Comments:

Blogger airy voices said...

i'm bored and i have exams in three days, so i need to procrastinate. Post.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Syuhada said...

"veut manger".. pas "voule manger"! =)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry my mistake .... nice to see a new face though ...

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home