Friday, March 31, 2006

In the end ... it always seems to matter

6000 words, 12 pages of mathematics and a deadline that draws ever so close ..... I should be all nostalgic about my college days and cherish this moment as its the last of my undergraduate toil ... yet I cant get myself to write those 6000 words and do the 12 pages of mathematics. Call it laziness ... I just call it a waste of time.

To top it all off the weather outside is just about right ... its raining, its cool and for the love of all things that are wet I am dry and comfy on the sofa with the right amount of light and just the right flavor of nicotine.

The thought of writing a social science paper doesn't quite fit the mood and more so doesn't quite fit the all encompassing agenda of doing nothing. Am I alone ? I don't think so but the real reason for this stark sense of boredom does arise from the fact that I am flat out broke.....

The curious pink panther in me did look into my bank records to see where I have been spending all my money ...here is how it reads

start of the month $600 (wow the feeling of being rich smell that moolah people its fresh)

1 day down $300 (I hate not living in a society that believes in giving and not taking back and for some reason I owe a few people a lot of money ..... or was it a lot of people some money each... damn these cumulative things catch up.. note to self: Mental math ...Mental math)

2 days down $250 ...(a night of live music and beer ... and all I could say was one more one more just one more....... I have been undone by my kind sense of self giving)

3 days down $150 (somehow new people appear who I seem to owe ... I hate friends I hate them do they always have to be there for me when I need money ..... and remember ... )

4 days down $ 75 (saw a set of really cool guitar things and my baby just needed to be treated .. have to admit the new strings make the music sound so much better)

5 days down $50 (decided that I would not leave the house and just concentrate on saving cash for food ..... but then came the thought of pizza , beer and a movie .... Kudos to self .. I dint leave the house)

6 days down $1.2 (stocked up for the holocaust .... checklist included instant noodles, coke, chips, more instant noodles (I have a thing against monotony) ...and lastly a pack to last me a few days)

7th day$0.05 (and on the seventh day the lord rested and I ate a curry puff)

8th day on -$100 (aaah my friends what would I do without them)

I live in a world with a financial month lasting 8 days and for the rest I body double for the red cross and on the side have a modeling gig where I dress down as the poster child for the Somalian cause (I apologize if that was a tad rude). All in all the only thing I don't think I would ever want to trade is this feeling of being a student .... I don't have to trade but I think its gonna be taken away from me sometime real soon.. ... c'est la vie but for now I think ill just dig into the last pack of noodles I have lying in front of me .

Sigmond nobody ... soon to be Sigmond more of a nobody: Unemployed

1 Comments:

Blogger airy voices said...

you'll have money soon.. we'll pass it to you tue when we go to hand in the reports you refuse to do.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home