Sunday, March 12, 2006

Everything was illuminated and then came the bills

As the title suggests I did finally get down to watching the movie Everything is illuminated. Quite a good show I must add and Elijah Wood has most definitely outdone himself, though there were moments in the movie where I expected an orc or the evil eye to pop up from the Ukrainian fields. And for the record I did miss Sam, I think his thoughtful insights would have done wonders for the hidden silence in the movie.

While I sit waiting for race day to begin and Ferrari to show what it all about, I cant help but imagine why everything was not so illuminated yesterday. It was almost as though the lights up there were never on, as we embarked on a massive journey, from which non of us escaped unscathed. Football at four o clock in the evening in Mars is not exactly an aphrodisiac

for the faint hearted. An hour later we were like bedouins in the desert almost as though we had been walking through the arid desert for weeks seeking the oasis of life. Though I must admit I am now coated in a pleasant tan. Light brown but not quite caked it looks almost as good as Malibu Ken .... The tan however has come at a price ... A sleepless night an absolutely fatigued mind and a creaking and wrecked body... all in all I feel like the Lawrence of Arabia (I have the Peter O Toole nose to prove it).

Econometrics beckons and I have a shit load to study but I just cant seem to get down to doing it. I like numbers but making sausage out of numbers that I cannot stand. Something in me just shuts down at the sight of econometrics. Its almost as though I tell myself there are so many people out there who do this thing anyway why me why me? The funny thing about the course is that invariably the best answer is MAYBE. For example , Maybe it would work if the data set was right, Maybe if the variables were right and Maybe I just don't want to study this maybe shit anymore ..(frustration ... Not quite just irritation to the highest extent...die ..die ..slow slow death .. muhahahahah ... im fine I am fine)...

I need a distraction .... I see one of my housemates asleep ...ohh hes so blissfully unaware of what is going to happen to him muahahha... no! no! don't succumb to the dark side Luke, anger leads to rage, rage leads to pranks, pranks lead to the dark side nooooooooo...... Ok I am now in the light ... see everything is illuminated again... phew that was close nearly went cold there for some reason ... note to self : Pay the heating bills.....heating bills wat heating bills .... I don't pay any bills to be sane ... or do I... I look at the zanatol lying on the table .... maybe I do ... A light shines again .. see everything is illuminated ..

Take my butt off the chair and now step towards the switch that lights up the room, I push at it thrice and the light just seems so stubborn .... damn the light ill just light a candle ... cant find a candle ..ok ill switch the tv on ... ohh no Gilmore girls and the cable remote wont change channels .. I am doomed ... the sky is about to fall.... by the grace of causality a pair of batteries appear at the distance ... the remote works and its back to star sport.... everything is illuminated ..phew that was a close one .....

I walk to the basin to wash me face ... its been a hectic half hour .. I cant remember what I was doing .. all I remember is a high profile trial and the words, "Vanity ...my favorite sin"... the tap runs dry and the world seems damper than usual ... I think its raining outside .. I look out side and it is ... Everything is not illuminated infact its quite dark to say the least... I give up on the world and decide to screw everything and go back to what makes sense to me ... the television now shows race day ..... I think for now its all the illumination I need ...

Why shoemakers make good drivers

2 Comments:

Blogger airy voices said...

post.
and your last line was laaaaaammmmme.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it was an ode to the new f1 season man why dont women get it ..ever ever ever .. will post soon as soon as i get over the damn exam ..ohh shit its tomorrow ... dang ...

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home