Sunday, February 19, 2006

A studio of my own .. for a day atleast

For the past three weeks I have been smack dab in the middle of the world, surrounded by the general populous of and the few who seem to stick out a bit more in the scheme of things. But today for the first time in a long time I am truly alone.

The lights have been dimmed, the curtains drawn, the room set at a comfortable 16 degrees and a bottle of fine Bordeux cuddling next to me in utter bliss. The tv has shifted rooms and the music blares at a descent level of loudness. Everything is going all right.

It really gets me thinking that being alone isnt really all that bad. Not that I am trying to justify my stance at the present moment, but one has to really consider the true bliss that comes with having to do nothing for a whole twenty four hours. Today has been the longest good day in mars. Though the bustle of life continued outside, the carapace that is my room has insulated me into absolute hibernation. People try to get away from it all their lives, as for me, i am one who has always tried never to be in it in the first place. But for the first time i have actually felt the true essence of what they seek. Nirvana .... well i dont know about that. But Kurt Cobain now that i can relate to. Ironically the radio plays About a girl ....

Ever wondered why its easier to express oneself when no one is around. When the world is black and the only person listening to you is you. I think the reason lies in the fact that we are most comfortable with silence. When we are alone we converse in whispers which are seldom not spoken but just heard. There is nothing lost in translation and nothing to be lost in the probable slip between the cup and the lip. I have had so much to say to myself, but i used to consider them rantings before... Today i ranted for a long long time and things finally made sense to me. Call it a personal detox, I have now rid myself of all the schizophrenia i have had for soo long.

Well im lying! Im still schizophrenic and i dont think i ever want to lose that side of me. My best friends are in my head, they have been with me for so long i dont think i can be me without the other part of me. Ironically the radio plays Dark side of the moon

1 Comments:

Blogger airy voices said...

WHICH radio station is this? the ones that i know about play.. actually i don't even know what they play anymore.. i tuned out after the r&b crap they had on 24/7..

and the being alone bit.. i think it also works coz ur thoughts aren't affected by other people's.. even when ure sure of urself and only refute other people, there's still an interruption which is a sorta detour that doesnt occur when ure alone.

have u read walden yet?

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home