Monday, February 13, 2006

Martian Hours ... How quickly they learn to fly

The ironic thing about moments is that you wait for it the whole day and it passes in the blink of an eye. I guess the real charm lies in the fact that these were not mean to stick, or the fact that even if they did stick they stick only in the whole scheme of being short, unique and ultimately sudden.
Martian hours are not that different actually, in the dead of the night when all else seems to be stuck in its own sense of time, you feel like you are in a blackhole of sorts. I think the reason the nighttime is dark is so that our fears can be multiplied and exaggerated to a distinct point upon which we just decide not to think anymore.
Black Monday it is indeed, five hours and ten minutes into it and it almost feels as though there is not enough night left to last the rest of the day. But then there are those moments, the light twitches and the shadows move and then all you can think off is nothing.
If at all i like anything in Mars, it has to be these moments and their utter lack of significance to anything that would remotely be me.
Its however an appropriate time to think of what martians might do in these moments. Case 1: Dark room with Martian and a Television on Mtv, Martian thinks "EEy how like that they only play old old type of music wan when i want to hear to the fifty cents." Martian blinks "EEy i think i have Espn or something because now the VJ play fifty cents already", Martian thinks some more "EEy if like that then i can also pray pray that i get to listen to some Brue and some Boyzone and then the Tv will pray it for me." Television thinks, "What have I gotten myself into this time." Moment passes.....
Case 2: Martian in a dark room listening to music. Martian thinks "I think that I know that I want to go to sleep already, Because tomorrow i have a long day, Walao this class participation thing is so jala wan." Martian Blinks, "Wah! so cool aaa tomorrow no school, because i think i call in an mc." Martian gets a sudden fit of ethics, "Aye cannot bunk already, I don think the system pay for me to be a slacker." Martian alarm clock and Music think in unison "what have we gotten ourselves into this time." Moment passes
Case 3: Non Martian in a dark room listening to nothing and staring at the ceiling fan that does not work but rather has a peculiar creak. Non Martian thinks, "Man i need to get stoned", Non Martian blinks, "Man i still need to get stoned", Non Martian has a sudden case of hyperactive insomnia, "Man screw all this i think i just need a red bull and a light." The fan thinks to itself "man what have i gotten myself into this time and why is it that I have to creak damn i dont like this at all shut me off you moron and get some sleep."Moment passes
The world has a lot of different faces but i still think it has something in common, House hold appliances that are most obviously too cynical for thier own well being and moments that are too short to really mean anything but end up sticking in your head all night long.
I need a moment now .... it passed i dint catch it well let me bait again while the prospects of another day dawn upon me in this circle of school days (I wouldnt want to be anywhere else really)

Kilroy When he decided to stay at one place for more than a moment
Ps: I think tomorrow i shall fix my Fan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home