Thursday, February 23, 2006

Craters make good couch potatoes

The buzzing has stopped. The chainsaw is in Texas. The only thing revolving is the world and I cant feel it all that much. Coffee tastes like coffee. I think I am sober again, or as sober as I will ever allow myself to ever be.

28 hours later and its almost like I have woken up from a dream. I look around and all that was familiar is back to being familiar again. The couch has enough space to sit, and the mind has enough space to listen. I am fully formatted and defragmented into this "reality" I apparently live in.

Somethings never change though for one its my innate ability to find everything in the world funny. Cynical and critical, thats the way the world stops spinning around you. If for one second you were to stop being so, the boundaries form and you are cornered into a whole sphere of action and consequences.

But today the world is funny. Here are a few melodramatic yet amazingly hilarious instances;
a) People were watching American Idol
b) People were watching reruns of American Idol
c) Sarcasm was misheard as concern
d) Baby fell off chair while trying to reach out and grab a waiters napkin (OCDs lead to pain)
e) Baby fell off ground trying to climb back onto the chair (Metaphysics at work here)
f) Mexican food tasted Indian (globalization)
g) People still watching American Idol (effect of pop culture in insinuating boredom)
h) American Idol watching people (now thats just weird.... note to self .. stop drinking)
I) Personal messages of inner reflection on a public domain (Internet privacy .... queer but novel)
j)Fly on the wall splattered by an incoming tennis ball from the next room (Luck)
k) Retrospect leading to hindsight .... (not necessarily in that order ... same difference really)
l) The real reason for the grin across my face (True functioning of the sympathetic nervous system)

I really cant help it today. I sit here on the largest crater on Mars and looking around me all I see are 8mm films in technicolor ... each with their script, plot and players ... some oscar potentials, some just chick flicks and some just badly written teen movies. They all have one thing in common though they are real ... or as real as I may allow them to be

So what does really happen in these craters. Look around you and I think if you try just a little the whole planet is just one large dent and you are smack dab in the middle of it. Tint or chrome its your choice but I dont think your personal insurance will cover it.....

Laurel when he decided that it was time he was fool Hardy

2 Comments:

Blogger scout said...

You forgot people watching american idol watch them.
Or was it the barcelona match? Which barcelona won. obviously. or otherwise i'd call it the chelsea match.
martians are strange creatures - but annoyingly happy and smiley after they get their 'fixes'.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey let the record show that I am clearly of non martian blood which makes me incidentally non martian and i think i should take great pride in being a non martian ... and yeah chelsea lost muhahahahhahah its all cause i directed the play damn i am good

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home