Friday, March 17, 2006

Get back to your seat .... and fix that grammar

So recently I have heard from a number of my readers that my blog is more or less a hazard for the finely tuned readers (who are apparently aces of the english language and more so need punctuation to truly enjoy a good read). Well aside from the red herring of being an ace and not being able to decipher the complex lack of punctuation in my posts, this idea of why I am so sporadic in my writing got me thinking. Tell me Sigmond why ohh what are you so dyslexic in print.

SIgmond thinks and comes up with a few plausible reasons as to why punctuations are not the order of the day

a) Since the dawn of thought (well in my case June 2005) , I have always thought in my head... and for some reason the freeway of neurons that is my brain fails to think in punctuated thoughts. For example I see a really pretty woman sitting across the room .... Sigmonds brain thinks "wow shes really pretty and man besides that I think she is hot." ...should Sigmonds brain really think like this "Wow! She is a really pretty woman. Besides I that, I think she is hot." There is just no time to think in punctuated syntax, it takes too much time toooo much ... cause im sure my brain is bombarded with another quick thought, damn I need to get the ribs cause I hear they make it really really well here. If my thoughts were syntaxed and punctuated I would really not pay much attention to them. Name me one person who wants his/her thoughts to be an edited version of the Daily Tribune.

b)Syntaxing and punctuation is as far away from normality to me as is a sane thought. And if I cant think insane I dont think I will be able to survive in this world. The worst part of living in mars is the fact that most martians like to think sane on their feet. Exclamations and commas would make for a world of black and white where the grey is made so obvious that its not grey anymore. I like my grey muddled with a little green and magenta (ok bordering on really strange colors here ..... think twice ... naa its ok its just for artistic value).

c)The internet was not meant to be grammatically correct. Look at the internet for obvious examples. Full stops are not followed by capital letters. www.Hotmail.Com ... I dont think it works. The internet also has no space for well punctuated conversations (check you nearest chat screen and look at the variety of well structured sentences and phrases).

Anyway.. that aside I hope I have been able to clarify my present stance on punctuations ... its not that I dont like them or dont know how to use them its just that I think its not of any use. to my present state of being

On other breaking news ... there have really been a lot of events unfolding in the world around me

1)Laguna beach reruns reveal the extent to which people around me script their lives around reality tv. (quite an irony really.... I want to be Talon... no wait Jason ... no wait ....ahh what the hell who am I kidding all I have is a debit card with no money and a laptop which I cant sell... and Laguna beach to me is an imported beach on Mars.)

2)Late night tv gets more wierd as the strangest movie about women and their sexual fantasies continues. (Its highly censored but really its the thought that really counts)

3)A sleep deprived self realizes the true value of coffee, mentos and coke .... and also realizes that sweet dreams are really made of these.

4) Rats are taking over the world as two new UFO sighting confirm the fact that these are drainular rats ... and descendents of Splinter (the kung fu master of the Teenage mutant ninja turtles).

5)Dreams of the lord of the rings continue again without the xrated elvish content ... it really frustrates me when the geek in me loses the power to dream ... I mean I like being Sigmondo of the grace and all good ..... but whats a Sigmondo without a Sigmundina.....

6)The world's population of stingray dwindles to satiate my insatiable appetite for sambal sting ray .. a martian cohort of spices and more spice and some fish and lime and spice. All in all a 'one shot' cure for hangovers and a healthy stomach.

7)Lastly I realized that the true gratification obtained from the the self glorification of peoples perception of the self often leads us to inspire the self to better oneself in the order of others perceptions (NO I am not gonna start punctuating my bloggggggg).

All in all a productive couple of sleepless nights though I must say that the true essence of being wacky lies in the fact that you do things that you think are wacky.. Im lazy now so my new aura of wackiness will encompass the couch late night tv, www.break.com , blogs I read and , redbulls, ciggeesss, chips , ipod , cereal , milk , fried rice, and most of all my ceiling ..

The day when Zac went Pro

2 Comments:

Blogger airy voices said...

that last line is decent.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Much appreciated ...

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home